Web wallets are a great resource for Australian online gamblers, providing a secure option to store money and manage all of your gambling transactions from the one place. Neteller is one of the Internet’s best e-wallet services and is accepted at a majority of all leading real money online casinos.
Online casinos accepting Neteller
Best Aussie casinos for Neteller deposits
Neteller has earned the reputation as one of the most trusted online payment systems in the world. Using Neteller for deposits and withdrawals makes it easy to keep track of your cash when betting, using multiple accounts at a variety of virtual casinos.
Using this payment method ensures your financials and personal details are secure, so you can go ahead and place real money online bets with ease. Some casinos, like those within the Fortune Lounge Group, will even reward players with bonus credits for using Neteller, providing another great reason why Neteller is a smart payment choice for online gambling.
Our recommended real money casinos all happily accept Neteller as one of their leading options for deposits and withdrawals in Australian dollars. You’ll also find a range of alternative payment options, including direct bank transfers, Visa, MasterCard, debit cards and other e-wallet systems like UKash, Skrill, Entropay and Webmoney.
Transfer cash to your online casino account using Neteller and take advantage of the incredible welcome bonuses offered at our favourite gambling sites:
- Slots Million Casino – 100% unlimited matched deposit bonus
- House of Jack Casino – $450 welcome bonus and 100 free spins
- All Slots Casino – $1600 welcome bonus
- Royal Vegas Casino – $1200 welcome bonus
NOTE: Royal Vegas Casino also rewards Neteller payers with an additional 10% bonus on your first deposit. After you’ve made your very first deposit, simply click on the ‘Claim Bonus’ link in the website and enter promo code ‘NETELLER100’.
How does Neteller work?
Web wallet services like Neteller provide online casino players with the convenience of storing all of their payment details in the one secure place. The money in your Neteller account can then be distributed to as many websites as you like, without having to re-enter your payment details each and every time.
Neteller is free to use, with no transaction fees for the sender or receiver. It’s easy to use and understand and only requires a few small steps to access.
How to deposit at online casinos with Neteller
1. Head to Neteller and register for a free account by entering your standard personal and contact details and selecting a strong password. Once your account is set up, you need to load it up with some funds.
2. Deposit funds into your account by transferring cash from an Australian bank account, credit card, debit card or by using the Australian-only POLi payment system.
3. After you’ve done this, your Neteller account is ready to use. Head to your preferred online casino and you’re ready to load your casino account with cash via your Neteller account.
4. Sign into your casino account (if you don’t already have an account, you can register for one within a couple of minutes and take advantage of the welcome bonuses mentioned above) and head to the cashier section.
5. Select Neteller as the payment option and enter the amount of Australian dollars you wish to deposit. Funds should be available immediately, so you can start playing real money casino games straight away.
How to withdraw at online casinos with Neteller
When you want to withdraw winnings from your online casino account, it’s easy to transfer the funds back to your Neteller wallet.
1. Sign into your casino account and head to the cashier section.
2. Select Neteller as the withdraw method and enter the amount of AUD that you wish to withdraw.
3. Once the withdrawal has been approved and processed by the online casino, your Neteller balance will now be boosted.
It’s then entirely up to you what you do with that money, whether you want to transfer it straight back to your bank account or use it to shop or gamble further online. Your money will remain safe in your Neteller account until you choose what to do with it.
Unlike deposits which are immediate, processing a withdrawal via Neteller usually takes around 24-48 hours (some highly reputable gambling venues will be even quicker), this is simply because the casino needs time to approve the transaction. Once the casino approves your withdrawal, it will then need to go through Neteller’s withdrawal process, which can take up to 10 business days. It’s also important to note that Neteller charges a $15 transaction fee on all withdrawals, so unless you are making a large withdrawal we recommend avoiding Neteller as a withdrawal method to avoid this ridiculously high charge.
How safe is Neteller?
The quick answer – very.
By loading your casino accounts up with cash from Neteller, it saves you the concern of having to share your financial details with a range of different vendors. Neteller securely hosts all this information on your behalf, using leading 128-bit encryption technology, identity verification and real-time transaction monitoring to protect customer data and guard against identity fraud at all times.
Neteller never pass your details onto any third party site so you can enjoy the peace of mind in knowing that your important banking information isn’t being spread around the cracks of the Internet. It’s a much safer and more convenient method than entering credit card or bank account details to multiple vendors. To ensure your online safety, never give your Neteller account ID or password to anyone, avoid using public computers where possible, sign out of your account when it’s not in use, upgrade your browser regularly and review your transaction history.
Australians can enjoy the freedom of using Neteller to make real money deposits and withdrawals from online casinos without concern for their privacy or security. Players in over 180 countries including Australia use Neteller for their real money virtual bets and provides a smart way to gamble safely online.
Downsides of using Neteller for casino deposits
On paper, Neteller is a great online payment service. But in our personal experience, there is a lot going on here than initially meets the eye. When one of our editors tested this Web wallet, we did not have a pleasant experience. First, the Neteller deposit kept being rejected by our chosen online casino, which the casino told us was an error in the Neteller system, not a problem with the casino.
When we decided to withdraw our funds from Neteller, we were hit with that giant $15 transaction fee and an additional $15 in undisclosed bank account fees. When querying this issue with Neteller, they said the extra $15 in fees was due to the fact that “international transfers may be subject to additional charges as a result of intermediary bank fees beyond our control.” This was not information we were given before signing up for an account, or making a withdrawal request. We feel that Neteller have been sneaky and misleading, and it is our personal opinion that we would not recommend this service for online casino deposits.